Caravane is duo of Directors and Art directors composed of Jean-Constant Guigue and Francis Dakin-Côté. The duo's work is characterized by a strong use of matter and finds itself at the frontier between graphic design and contemporary art.
How is it, working as a pair?
– Quarrelsome. (laughs)
– Our bond goes beyond our disagreements.
– We always end up seeing eye to eye, because we aim for the same quality, originality and relevance.
– We wouldn’t make it as far if we weren’t working together.
Francis is more rational. He loves physical phenomenons, manual labour, graphic design and creating things within the real world.
Jean-Constant relies more on inspiration and imagination. But he still seeks to express himself using commercial orders.
What’s essential to you in a project?
– Having as much freedom as possible.
– Getting to design the story according to our narration, having control over every aspect of the project.
– In the C2 Montreal project, everything was handmade. The fake concrete, the grass, the tools used to make the buildings.
– We did everything, from editing to post.
Do you miss anything?
– Personal projects.
– We need to create, to find a raw impulse again.
– The innocence of our youth…
– That’s what I was saying.
– No, I’m the one who said it.